Three Hundred and Thirty-Four Jobs for Bucks County
Bucks County Economic Development Corporation (BCEDC), is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s certified economic development organization(CEDO) for Bucks County. In 2017, BCEDC helped Bucks County manufacturers and distributors acquire more than $9 million from PIDA’s low-interest loan program. That’s the largest amount distributed to Bucks County since the $13 million approved for county companies in 2014.
BCEDC attributes the increase to Bucks County’s strong economy as well as the low interest rate of 2%, down from the previous rate of 4%. Companies couldn’t pass up the money.
BCEDC assisted 12 different companies, with 15 loans from local (BCEDC) and State (PIDA) loan programs. Participating companies were from nine different municipalities.
Banks loaned over $8 million and owners injected over $3 million into the projects. Total project costs were over $19 million. Over 334 jobs were created and/or retained in Bucks County.
Thank you to the following companies for participating in the loan programs and helping to improve the economy of Bucks County:
- Access Security, Warminster Township
- Cotner Trailers, Inc., Durham Township
- Diamond Tool, Inc., Bristol Township
- Eastern Warehouse Distributors, Inc., Middletown Township
- Finish Tech Corporation, Northampton Township
- Jean Madeline Education Center of Cosmetology, Inc., Bensalem Township
- Mountain Laurel Spirits, LLC, Bristol Borough
- Puro-Tec, Ltd, Bensalem Township
- Rhino Cable Services, Inc. Bensalem Township
- Shades of Green, Falls Township
- Sherwood Steel, Inc, Bensalem Township
- Tyger Scientific, Inc., Newtown Township
The following banks participated in some of projects:
- 44 Business Capital
- Bryn Mawr Trust
- Penn Community
- TD Bank