The Pennsylvania Catalyst Fund
Pennsylvania’s State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) was established under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) in response to the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic to help small businesses gain access to capital.
The SSBCI program is administered at the federal level by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, however, at the local level, PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) has contracted with economic development partners from across the state to implement and administer the $246.8 million in funding via a variety of loan and equity programs. Eight counties across eastern Pennsylvania including Bucks County will be using the name of Pennsylvania Catalyst Fund. Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC) will be underwriting and approving applicants.
BCEDC has been selected to receive $1.4 million in funding in order to establish a revolving loan fund for small businesses in Bucks County. This program will allow BCEDC to engage with businesses and meet demand for smaller loans that do not typically fit our existing financing programs. BCEDC will receive and review all applications from eligible companies in Bucks County.
- Loans will be no more than 50% of total financing.
- The revolving loan funds will be matched by private loans that will create lending and investment opportunities to small businesses that need additional support and resources to expand and create jobs.
Funding Uses & Purposes
- Land acquisition
- Building construction expansion or renovation
- Acquisition of machinery & equipment
- Soft costs related to above items
- Commercial mortgage refinancing
- Working capital
- Borrowers must be for-profit businesses or farms with less than 500 employees at the time of application.
- A commercial bank will provide financing for 50% of project costs
- BCEDC will provide a loan for up to 50% of project costs
- On a project-by-project basis; the borrower will provide a minimum 10% equity injection into the project
Please complete the form below to determine your eligibility. A team member will reach out to you to discuss your project.